The forklifts were invented to provide the strength of a giant, in a man’s hand. This is quite true because a single person can use the forklift to lift tons of weight alone and effortlessly. This has made our life easy and now people don’t have to be afraid of moving heavier things from one place to another. Initially, the forklift was made of diesel/petrol engine and they work on the same mechanism as of cars. But then innovation has been made in the mechanism by replacing the fuel-driven engine with the electric engine. As forklift doesn’t require that much power as required by car, due to their compact body and limited movement, they can work well with the electric engine also. But this is not only limited to the power of the engine but there are other benefits if electric forklift.
- Easy refuelling: Yes, used forklifts in Melbourne also needs refuelling but that refuelling is not diesel or petrol. But they only need electricity to get refuelled. You can connect the forklift with charging terminal and after some hours, it will be recharged. This can be said as safe and clean energy because you do have to carry any stock of diesel/petrol at the site. You just need to plug the forklift and it will be charging.
- Lighter: The electric engine is lighter than conventional fuel engine. It means the weight of your forklift will be comparatively lessthan older forklift and they will be lighter to control. This will also be good for the floor of your warehouse and factory, as due to lighter forklift, the wear and tear of the floor will be reduced. Especially if you are the operator of the forklift, you can enjoy this difference while moving your electric forklift.
- Low maintenance: The conventional engines have high wear and tear, due to fuel combustion but electric engine works on a different technology that lowers the wearing effect of the engine. That means lesser maintenance will be required for electric forklift.
- Economical: The unit price of the electric forklift may be higher than fuelengine forklift. But when you will be comparing operating cost and total life cycle cost of both, you will be surprised to know that electric forklift will be far more economical than its counterpart. So, once you have to pay a little more but then you be saving through the equipment life cycle.
- Environment-friendly: Now there are many industries like food or pharmaceutical where you cannot afford to use conventional fuel engine forklift. As those forklifts will emit gases that will be harmful to the products. Now companies even prefer to use equipment with lower carbon prints. The electric forklift is 100% environment-friendly and emits no gases that can be harmful to the product or the people around it. This also reduces the need for consuming the natural resources while using a renewable energy source.
So, getting electric forklift is the complete deal, you get lighter, cheaper and greener equipment for your business.